Warning: Use of undefined constant ASC - assumed 'ASC' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /srv/users/cityofsalida/apps/cityofsalida/public/wp-content/plugins/ohtogo-glossary/ohtogo-glossary.php on line 179
The following items or activities may require some form of upfront approval or permission from the City. The list may not be complete, as regulations are updated periodically. If in doubt about any requirements, please call the City first.
City of Salida Business Licenses are required for liquor sales, marijuana sales, arborists and short term rentals. Please see Doing Business in Salida for details.
Please see the attached 2020 Fee Schedule adopted by Resolution 2019-64.
- Amplified Sound Permit
- The intent of the City’s noise control ordinance is to eliminate and reduce unnecessary and excessive noise that is physically harmful and otherwise detrimental to individuals and the community in the enjoyment of life, property and the conduct of business. An amplified sound permit may be approved by the City Administrator to temporarily waive restrictions. Download the Amplified Sound Permit Form here or Contact the Deputy City Clerk. §10-9
- Aquatic Center/Pool Rental
- Private rentals are available anytime after regular hours. Advanced notice is required in order to arrange for a lifeguard. Contact the Recreation Department.
- Arborist License
- Professional arborists are required to obtain a license from the City and file evidence of insurance. Contact the Deputy City Clerk. §6-4-10 through 6-4-40.
- Building Permit
- A building permit is required for construction within the City limits. Download the building permit application, read more about building permits or contact the Community Development Department.
- Construction, Curb Cuts or Digging
- A permit is required for any type of digging upon or cutting of a public right-of-way, construction of sidewalks or pouring concrete within a parkway. See Public Works under the department listing for a brochure and a permit application or Contact Public Works. §11-1-30
- A permit is required for any demolition within the City limits. Download a demolition permit application or contact the Community Development Department.
- Event Permit
- To apply for a special event permit with a liquor license, you must submit an application. The $25 or $10 State fee is no longer applicable. The City fee of $100 is still in effect. If a special event includes more than one vendor, a multiple vendor event permit is required. The permit can be submitted concurrently with a park rental and/or special event liquor application. Contact the Deputy City Clerk with questions. §6-2-10
- Landscaping or Excavation
- A permit is required for any type of digging upon or cutting of a public right-of-way, construction of sidewalks or pouring concrete within a parkway. See Public Works under the department listing for a brochure and a permit application or contact Public Works.
- Liquor Sales
- Contact the Deputy City Clerk. §6-1
- Park Rental
- Prior approval of council is needed for use of City parks for private use, such as meetings and performances. Read the Park Rental Rules and Chisholm Park Rules. Use the Park Rental Application and/or Park Rental Addendum A forms to apply for reservation. Contact the Recreation Department with questions. §11-3-20
- Sales Tax License
- Persons doing business in the City of Salida must register with the State and obtain a sales tax license through the Department of Revenue.
- Sign Permit
- Download the sign permit application or contact the Planning Technician in the Community Development Department. §16-8-30
- Street Closure
- Street closures require prior approval by the City. Contact the Deputy City Clerk
- Water Restriction Exemption
- Customers may apply to the City Administrator for a temporary exemption of water restrictions to establish new landscaping like new sod or grass seeding. Contact the Utilities Clerk. §13-3-90 (a) (3)