The City of Salida, along with Colorado state and local public health agencies are working to limit and slow the potential spread of this disease, and all Coloradans can help. We advise you to stay informed with reliable sources of information, take everyday actions to protect yourself and those you love, and share accurate information with neighbors, friends and co-workers, especially people who may have difficulty receiving or understanding the information.
Need help? Want to help?
For all local resources related to COVID-19, visit www.chaffeecounty.org, click RED COVID-19 button.
Current Public Health Orders
The City of Salida encourages residents and guests to use their best judgment in social distancing and follow the Center for Disease Control (CDC) recommendations shared online.
Since this is a rapidly changing situation, we recommend you use this page to stay up to date on what the City is doing to reduce COVID-19 exposure in the community and find helpful links to local, state and federal resources. Check back often as new information is added regularly and follow the City of Salida on Facebook and Chaffee County’s COVID-19 Facebook pages to stay informed.
CITY OF SALIDA DECLARES STATE OF EMERGENCY DUE TO CORONAVIRUS (Wednesday, March 25)
Salida is currently in TIER 2 of the City of Salida COVID-19 action plan.
VIRTUAL ACCESS TO CITY COUNCIL MEETINGS
The City is equipped to host remote participation and public comment during City Council and City Planning Commission meetings. Call-in information for upcoming public meetings are listed below:
Information on how to join City of Salida Virtual Meetings will be posted here.
CONDUCT CITY BUSINESS REMOTELY
There are convenient options for conducting business online. Pay your utility bill, set up automatic payments, request vital records and access links to contact City staff.
- Visit salidarec.com for the latest information related to City recreation facilities.
- Visit salidasteamplant.com for the latest information related to City cultural events.
- Stay up to date on future City news by subscribing to our new e-newsletter, The Salida Standard.
- Follow Chaffee County’s COVID-19 Facebook page for timely, local announcements and updates.
STATE OF COLORADO RESOURCES
- State of Colorado Activates 2-1-1 Colorado to Connect Coloradans with Human Services Resources During COVID-19 Pandemic
- The Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment is providing a phone line to answer questions from the public about COVID-19. Call CO-Help at 303-389-1687 or 1-877-462-2911 or email email@example.com for answers in English, Spanish, Mandarin and more
- Coronavirus in Colorado (CDPHE)
- Public health recommendations to protect our communities
- State Data on the Outbreak of Coronavirus Disease
- GOVERNOR JARED POLIS EXECUTIVE ORDER Ordering Coloradans to Stay at Home Due to the Presence of COVID-19 in the State
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO STAY HEALTHY
- Stay at home due to the presence of COVID-19 in the State
- Practice “social distancing” and stay at least 6’ from others when out in public.
- Stay home when you are sick, except to get medical care.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue.
- Clean frequently touched surfaces and objects daily (e.g., tables, counter-tops, light switches, doorknobs, and cabinet handles) using regular household detergents and water.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Always wash your hands with soap and water if your hands are visibly dirty.