Whom do I call to report a street light that is not working?

Streetlight outages may be reported directly to XCel Energy at https://www.xcelenergy.com/Outages/Report_Outage or by calling 1-800-895-1999 (Press 1 for Electric Outages, then 2 for street light outages to be directed to a Customer Service Representative).

Xcel Energy services street lights in town under a franchise agreement with the City. They will generally be able to fix burned out lights and replace photo cell starters within 24 to 48 hours. Should replacement parts be required, the repair may take longer.

Some lights are out because the City has requested they be shut off to conserve energy and reduce expenses. Xcel has a list of lights that are shut off. If you are reporting a light as non-functioning that is on the shut off list, you may contact public works at 719-539-6257 to request reconsideration.