I am leaving for the winter, what can I do to stop my meter from freezing?

The Public Works Department will turn off/turn on your water one time per year for free. If you are leaving for the winter you have the option of turning your water off and having the meter placed in the bottom of the pit. This action will stop your usage fees but not the maintenance fee for the period of time that the meter is off.