For Immediate Release
Centennial Park Renovations
Salida, CO – Public Notice –
The Salida Public Works and Parks and Recreation Departments will be initiating improvements on Holman Avenue and Centennial Park starting this September. These renovations are a part of the new City of Salida Parks Recreation Open Space and Trails Master Plan.
The City anticipates that the majority of the street work will be done from September until November. During this time, access to K Street from Holman Avenue, and the Hot Springs Aquatic Center parking lot from I Street will be limited. The Recycling Center may be moved temporarily for a one to two week period if it is determined that access is restricted. Site preparation during this time will include demolition of abandoned sidewalks, the old volleyball court and the basketball court.
The Skate park work will follow closely after with Centennial Park being prepped in November and Skate park construction beginning in December. Playgrounds will have snow fencing to control access points so that they remain usable and safe. If an area is completely blocked off with no access points, it is for the safety of the community.
The roadwork on Holman will include:
● A new sidewalk along Holman avenue in Centennial Park
● Parallel parking along Holman
● A Sidewalk from Holman Avenue to the Hot Springs Aquatic Center
● Upgraded traffic controls
● On street gutter and curb installations
● Re-alignment of K street at Holman Avenue
The improved access to the Salida Hot Springs Aquatic Center will include:
● Increased Parking at the Salida Hot Springs Aquatic Center
● Increased ADA accessibility
● Paving the access road behind the Hot Springs Aquatic Center
● Paving and parking behind the Chamber building
The new recreational opportunities at Centennial Park will include:
● Two new regulation sand volleyball courts
● Shade structure for the Ice Rink
● New 14,000 square foot Skate Park
● Additional trees being planted
For park related questions, please contact Parks and Recreation at 719-539-6738. For any street related questions, please contact Public Works at 719-539-6257.