Updated June 2
City of Salida Announces Business Emergency Relief Grant Program
The City of Salida is pleased to announce the creation of a Business Emergency Relief Grant program via a $100,000 allocation from the City’s Economic Development Fund. As of June 1, nineteen applicants have qualified for a combined grant award of over $42,000.
The Emergency Relief Grant is intended to provide short-term funds to businesses who have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Applications will be accepted starting on May 22, 2020.
The program can provide up to the lesser of $3,000 or equal to a business’s 2019 annual sales tax remittance. In order to be eligible, a business must meet the following criteria:
• The business must have been closed or severely limited in its operations in order to be eligible.
• The business must have paid sales taxes to the City.
• The business must have a physical storefront or operation in the City.
• The owners of the business must reside within 30 minutes of the City limits.
• The business must be in good standing, with all sales taxes current through February 2020.
• Financial statements from 2 years indicating sustainability must be provided. Businesses in operation for less than 2 years will be considered on a secondary basis, with documentation of sustainability.
• It must be expected that the business will reopen, if not already open.
• A request must demonstrate that the funds will be used to help ensure a successful reopening and continued operation.
• Seasonal businesses will have a secondary priority.
• The City reserves the right to alter or cancel the program as information is obtained through the application process.
Salida Mayor P.T. Wood says, “We acutely know that small businesses have been deeply affected by the COVID-19 shutdown, and the City is here to help. We’re going to get through this time by being kind to one another, appreciating social distancing practices, and looking at unique ways to rebuild our economy. We hope this grant program helps in this time of great need.”
The application form can be found online at www.cityofsalida.com. It is strongly encouraged for all applications to be submitted via email to email@example.com. These funds are being made available on a first-come, first-served basis, and it is anticipated that the funding will run out quickly. The City of Salida is grateful for the contributions of all of our small businesses, and we hope that this funding will help during this time of great need.
For more information, please contact City Hall at 719-539-4555.