Decker Fire Information:
Decker Fire Public Information Office
Phone: (719) 626-1095
Hours: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily
UPDATE Mandatory Evacuations:
UPDATE: Effective Wednesday, October 9th at 10am, Evacuation Order Cancelled for residents of the Methodist Estates and Boot Hill Subdivisions and all other residents who access their homes via CR 108 as well as the Chaffee County residents who reside on CR 101, Bear Creek.
-Effective Sunday, October 6, 2019, at 3pm, Chaffee County Sheriff John Spezze is lifting the evacuation order for all residents of the Fawn Ridge Subdivision as well as residents evacuated from CR 110, 111, 111a, as well as residents of Mountain Vista Estates, (Paradise Acres) and the residences accessed above Mountain Vista Estates accessed from CR 104. The evac order is also rescinded for the residents living east of CR 104, accessed from private drives south of HWY 50 with the exception of residents living on CR 101, Bear Creek. Chaffee County residents living on CR 101 will still be evacuated.
Please follow the following FB Pages for up to date information:
Stage II Fire Restrictions (from Chaffee County Ordinance Number 2006-02)
Prohibits building, maintaining, or attending any “open fire” (see definition below) within Chaffee County. The ordinance applies “throughout the unincorporated* areas of Chaffee County, including public and private lands.
In addition, the following activities are specifically prohibited:
• Using fireworks or other explosive material that may result in ignition of flammable material.
• Smoking, except within an enclosed vehicle or building or in an area at least three feet in diameter that is barren or cleared of all flammable material.
• Welding, or operating an acetylene or similar torch, except in an area 20 feet in diameter cleared of flammable material.
• Using any combustion engines and chainsaws, except under certain limited conditions specified by the ordinance.
Exempt from Stage II restrictions (and therefore allowed by the ban):
• LP gas or liquid fueled stoves that allow the operator to turn the appliance on or off.
• Fireplaces within enclosed buildings equipped with fire screens on the flue.