The Salida Creative District welcomes back Mark Wiard to teach a special Creative Thursday class “Intermediate WordPress” on Thursday, March 6, 2014 from 1-5pm at the SteamPlant Annex, 220 W. Sackett Ave.
Space is limited. Please RSVP at http://bit.ly/1erRaP2 or call Emily at 719-530-2628 with questions or to RSVP.
Mark Wiard has been designing and marketing websites since 1996. An early adopter of WordPress, he has built over 100 websites using the platform.
This class is for people who already have a WordPress based site. It will cover all aspects of day-to-day content updates, WordPress maintenance updates, basic SEO, backup and security.
Presentation Topics for the Intermediate WordPress Class:
- Adding and formatting content in the Post and Page editor
- Media management: adding photos, PDFs, and videos to your site
- A review of widgets, and adding site content via widgets
- Regular updates to WordPress and your plugins
- Introduction to premium themes and theme option panels
- Installing and configuring security, SEO and backup plugins
The class will last three hours. For the fourth hour, Mark will offer individual advice on your website. Bring your laptop or WordPress login info.
Creative Mondays (and Creative Thursdays) are a series of free classes primarily for artists and creative entrepreneurs, but everyone is welcome to attend. They are held the first Monday of the month. Topics featured will range from business plans, to marketing, and website development.