What do I do about my water if I am leaving for the winter?

If you are leaving for the winter, Public Works will come to your residence and turn you water off and on for one time free per year. You also have the option of having them take your meter out and placing it in the bottom of the meter pit. Shutting your water off and placing the meter in the bottom of the pit will not stop the maintenance fees of having water service. It will stop the usage fees only for the period of time in which you are gone. Public Works does require that someone be at the residence when the water is turned back on. If you have any questions or would like to take advantage of this service please call Public Works at (719) 539-6257.