The City employs approximately 100 people. Of that number, about half are full-time positions with benefits and the remainder are part-time or seasonal jobs.
The Salida City Council and administration recognize that employees are critical to achieving the goals of each department. We must attract and retain competent, professional, and results-oriented staff. The City provides employees with a total compensation package of pay and benefits that is within its ability to pay and comparable to other governmental and private employers, both within and outside of the community, that compete for qualified workers. We strive to offer employees a competitive base pay and total compensation package, including a competitive benefits package that encourages the physical and mental wellness of employees and their dependents and that assists with retirement planning.
Applying for an Open Position
- Open positions are advertised in the local newspaper and posted on the City website. Specialized jobs often are also posted through the Colorado Municipal League or vocation specific resources.
- Thoroughly read the Job Description posted on the City’s website or obtain a copy from City Hall. Take the time to determine if the job you are applying for is a good fit for your interests, skills, and schedule.
- Talk to people you know who work at the City or who work with people in similar jobs.
- Complete a job application. You may obtain a hard copy at City Hall or email your application to email@example.com.
- Include a cover letter and résumé that provides additional information or that highlights certain facts that the City should consider when evaluating your application.
- Wait to hear from us…. This, of course, is the hardest part!
- Once all applications have been reviewed, the City will select a “short-list” of people to interview and, ultimately, select for the position.
If you are looking for a job or looking to create your own self-employment opportunity within the City, use other available resources.
- Colorado Workforce Center
- Colorado Small Business Development Center (SBDC) Network – see the Chaffee County Website for more information
- Work at home – many websites offer suggestions for ways to telecommute or work from your home
- Colorado Mountain College – need to update and/or expand your work skills? CMC offers a variety of courses within easy driving distance of Salida.