The agenda and packet are now available for the October 3, 2017 (6:00 p.m.) City Council Meeting.
I. REGULAR MEETING CALLED TO ORDER
II. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE – Led by Mayor Jim LiVecchi
III. ROLL CALL
Introduction of New Police Officer, David Close – Terry Clark
A little Help Service Saturday Presentation – Nancy Powers
County Housing Office Budget Item – County Commissioner Greg Felt
V. CITIZEN PARTICIPATION – 3 minute time limit. Citizen participation is for items not on the agenda and for agenda items that are not scheduled public hearings.
VI. SCHEDULED ITEMS
1. Consent Agenda – Larry Lorentzen
a) Approval of Agenda
b) Approval of Meeting Minutes – September 19, 2017
c) 17th Annual ShedFest
d) Fire Department Open House and Street Closure
2. Appeal Planning Commission Decision, 419 D. Street – Ben Kahn
Appeal of Planning Commission Decision to approve the Beddingfield Conditional Use Application to operate an Events Center within the former Grace Church building at 419 D Street.
3. FEMA Flood Insurance Study – 1st Reading – Larry Lorentzen
Ordinance 2017-22 adopting new FEMA Flood Insurance Study effective December 7, 2017.
4. Fee Schedule Update – Michael Varnum
Resolution 2017-54 – Steam Plant Event Center Fees and Scout Hut Fees Update.
5. IGA Recognizing HPAC – Larry Lorentzen
Resolution 2017-56 – An Intergovernmental Agreement between Chaffee County, Salida, Buena Vista & Poncha Springs establishing and issuing responsibility and authority to the Housing Policy Advisory Committee (HPAC).
6. Lien Certification List-2017 – Renee Thonhoff via Larry Lorentzen
Resolution 2017-57 – certification of Delinquent Accounts to Chaffee County
7. Authorizing City Administrator Signature for WTP State Revolving Loan – Larry Lorentzen
Resolution 2017-58 – Resolution authorizing Larry Lorentzen to replace Guy Patterson as Authorized Officer on the Colorado Water Resources and Power Development Loan for the Water Treatment Plant UV Project.
8. Pre-annex Agreement Resolution – Glen VanNimwegen
Resolution 2017-59 – Approving the First Amendment to the Pre-Annexation and Water Main Extension Agreement for the Granzella Property
9. Water Treatment Plant Disinfection Project – David Lady
Resolution 2017-60- to Accept Water Treatment Facility Disinfection Improvements Project Change Order No. 1.
10. Fred Lowry River Park Maintenance Project Award – David Lady
Council Action Resolution 2017-61 and Award Fred Lowry River Park Maintenance Project, Project No 2017-022.
11. Administrator/Deputy City Clerk
• City Administrator Report – Larry Lorentzen
12. Elected Official Reports
• City Clerk – Betty Schwitzer
• City Treasurer – Theresa Cortese
• City Council – Michael Bowers, Hal Brown, Cheryl Brown-Kovacic, Rusty Granzella, Melodee Hallett and Eileen Rogers.
• Committee Reports
• Mayor – Jim LiVecchi
VII. NEW BUSINESS
VIII. OLD BUSINESS